When you make your website, you can choose an eCommerce platform like Shopify for it. Shopify is one of the leading eCommerce platforms that helps you create an online store to sell your products. Shopify offers different pricing plans, each of which has different features to meet your requirements. You can choose any of these plans for your website. The article looks at these plans in detail to help you choose a plan.
You can choose any of the Shopify pricing plans depending on your requirements.
When you make a website on Shopify, you can start off with the Basic plan. This is the ideal plan for small startups. The monthly fee is $29. The transaction fee for using cards is 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction. The basic plan allows you unlimited products to be added. It does not have gift cards, professional reports, or report builder.
You can print labels and get 24/7 support. There is a 2% additional transaction fee is you use a payment processor other than Shopify Payments. If you pay a year in advance, it works out to be $312 per year.
When you make a website with the Shopify pricing plan selected, you will pay $79 per month. If you pay annually, you will be charged $852. The transaction fee is slightly lesser than the basic plan and is 2.6% per transaction plus 30 cents. If you don’t use Shopify Payments, then the additional transaction fee is 1%.
You can get to use gift cards with this plan, which you help you increase sales. You can get the option of professional reports and get 24/7 support. All the features of the Basic plan are available here.
With this plan, you get all the features that Shopify offers. Apart from all the features of the Shopify plan, you get additional features like being able to use the advanced report builder to create custom reports. You get real-time carrier shipping, which is not there in the other plans.
The pricing is $299 per month. If you pay annually you need to pay $3192. The transaction fee is lesser at 2.4% per transaction with 30 cents. If you do not use Shopify Payments and prefer a third party payment processor, then the additional transaction fee is only 0.5%.
Comparing The Plans
When we compare the three plans, we find the following:
- All three plans allow unlimited products, digital products, customer logins, recovery of abandoned carts, printing shipping labels, and 24/7 customer support.
- If you want gift cards and professional reports, you can opt for Shopify. In addition to this, if you want professional report builder and real-time carrier shipping, you can choose the Advanced Shopify plan.
- The biggest difference is in the transaction charges. Even a small change in the transaction charges can be costly as the number of transactions increase. While for the basic plan you pay 2.9%, for Advanced Shopify you need to pay 2.4%. This is a significant saving.
- Another key to saving money on the pricing plans is by taking a 1-year or 2-year plan. If you take the Shopify plan, you have to pay $79 per month. If you pay annually, it works out to $71 per month. If you choose a three year plan, then it works out to be $59.25 per month, which is significantly less.
- Shopify expects that you use their in-house payment processor Shopify Payments. If you do not use this, they charge an additional transaction fee. Here is where the higher priced plan will be beneficial. For Basic Shopify, the additional fee is 2%, while for the advanced plan, it just 0.5%. This is one of the major differences between the three plans.
- One more significant difference is the ability to use PINs for staff to use the POS. This is not available in the basic plan but available with unlimited PINs in the other two plans.
- The basic plan is a starter and hence does not support multi-stores. Shopify supports 1 to 5 stores, while Advanced Shopify supports up to 8 stores.
- None of the three plans offers a free domain. You need to pay $14 to buy a domain from Shopify or can use a domain purchased from a third party.
- There is one more enterprise plan meant for large retailers. The details of the pricing are not revealed. Large retailers can contact Shopify and get a customized quote. This may cost around $2000 per month and there are many customizations offered with a dedicated team.